Friday, June 27, 2008

The Wiggles Again!

Hello Folks! Well as Ian said when he FINALLY did his blog at the weekend, the girls and I, along with Angela and Matthew, had a trip to Glasgow this week to see The Wiggles!!

So this year was Natalie's first trip to The Wiggles concert, Holly and I went last year. So Tuesday was an early start and we were at the station for 9am to catch out train to Glasgow. We had a good train journey, the kids were really good all the way. We made Rose Boquets for Dorothy The Dinosaur, had a picnic, coloured in etc.

Yummy a picnic!

Natalie hiding in the luggage compartment on the train

We arrived in Glasgow at 12ish and after a quick trip to the Molton Brown shop we headed up to the concert hall. We hit the Wiggles Shop and the first picture shows the kids in their new t-shirts and headbands they got for the show. After that we headed for a quick cuppa in the cafe. We ended up sitting at the very end of the cafe as there were no seats, but this turned out to be a stroke of luck as it turned out we were RIGHT beside the VIP lounge where The Wiggles were doing their 'Meet and Greet', which they do with special needs children etc. So we hung around and managed to see them as they were going to the VIP suite. Matthew got his photo taken with one of their dancers too.

Matthew and Ben the dancer

The Wiggles up close, Aaaaahhhhh!

G'day Mate!
Angela and I were really excited to see them so up close, but the kids were less than impressed, Holly hid behind my leg and Natalie cuddled in to me!!
So after that excitement we went and got our seats and the show began. It was a great show and the girls were enjoying themself, then they blew up a HUGE Murray balloon and that was it, Holly didn't watch anymore and just hugged in to me, so she only saw about 20 mins of the show. Natalie on the other hand loved the whole show and was singing and dancing along. Matthew was quite mesmerized by it and sat open mouthed through most of it.







On the stage after the show

The show was over very quickly and we headed back to the train station where we grabbed a burger whilst Natalie had a quick snooze to get over all the excitement!! We were home by 7.30 and the girls were pleased to see their Daddy.
Well that was our day. It was only slightly tainted by the letter I got when I came home with my appointment for my wisdom teeth coming out (I have been waiting a year), it is TOMORROW!! So I had 3 days notice, typical NHS. I am in the hospital at 9am tomorrow getting them out, I am very apprehensive about it (that's putting it mildly!) so just want it over.
Hannah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a social life those girls have! Looks like they had fun though.