Friday, April 22, 2005

A Family Day Out!


Hello All. Well today we had our first proper family day out! We decided to go to Cairngorm and go up the Mountain Railway. It took 2 and a half hours to get there, the roads were quite hairy at times and made me feel really sick! Holly slept the whole way there amazingly!



Once we got to Cairngorm we all had our lunch, Holly had Sweet Potato and Mummy and Daddy had a picnic from Markies! We then had a wander about before catching the train up the mountain, it is actually a Funicular. It was really steep and again I felt a wee bit sick! I just didn't look down! Here is a photo of Holly and I on the train:



At the top of the mountain there is a wee Visitor's Centre so we had a look round there and then went out on to the viewing deck, it was an amazing view, but quite cold (3 degrees). We then went and had a cup of tea and here is Holly in the cafe, at the time she was telling her stories at the top of her voice:



After that we headed back home, stopping to feed Holly in Tomintoul. So it has been quite a day! We had a really good time although are all really tired now.

I have just realised that today is Holly's 4 month birthday, amazing eh?! Time has just flown by.

Well that's it for now,

Bye, Hannah X



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous day out you've had and you all look great! I bet you'll all sleep well tonight. Nite Nite!

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see photos of Holly and Mummy(and Daddy too of course)- it looks like you all had a great day out! Looking forward to seeing you all soon
xxx