Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas and a rotten New Year!!!

Hello Everyone, gosh where do I start? I had great intentions of doing this every week, but December was just so busy with Christmas, Holly's Birthday and my e-bay business! So now I will try and update the past 2 months in as short a post as possible!!

So firstly back to December. Well we had a very busy month, highlights being me having 2 christmas nights out (wow!) which were great, one with work and one with the girls from baby group. (why do we still call it baby group when they are no longer babies, I don't know!) I was also busy selling heaps of stuff on ebay to make some extra cash for Christmas, which was very successful, but also very time consuming!! Holly was going to her 2's group twice a week which she really enjoys, she is always first in the door but yet the first out, they have to hold her back as she wants to get out so quickly!! But she does love it. They had a Christmas party just before Christmas which we got to go to later on to see Santa give them their presents. Holly wasn't too impressed with him, but took the present all the same!

So then it was Holly's birthday and she had no less than 3 celebrations!! On the Monday she had a cake at Rising 2's, then on the Tuesday we Baby Group here with yet more cake (and wine for the mummies!) Then on the Saturday we had a family lunch down at Brewster's with more cake!! Anyway the first picture is of her on the morning of her birthday with her new shopping trolley, she was dancing about she was so chuffed with it!

Holly blowing out her 3rd birthday cake candles with Ian and Sarah!

Natalie in her highchair at the birthday lunch

So then to Christmas. This year we were through here in Aberdeen so we were in the house on Christmas morning which was lovely. Holly was just so excited when she saw all the presents and we spent AGES unwrapping them all. Here she is with her piano which Santa left her. He even made it up for her, wasn't that nice of him when he is so busy on Christmas Eve!!

Nat sitting amongst all her pressies, looking bemused!

Of course I had to do the matching outfits for Christmas day, so the girls had matching pink dresses and they looked just beautiful, like little fairies!! Here they are...

For Christmas dinner we went down to Sarah and Mike's. Mum, Dad and Rosie were through here too which was great. We all opened more presents then had a lovely meal followed by our Chocolate Fountain, which was good fun! Sarah and Mike gave the girls a beautiful kitchen for Christmas, here is Holly opening it....

We had such a lovely Christmas, very chilled out and we were so grateful to Sarah, Mike and Mum for cooking the meal, oh yeah and to Dad to peeling the tatties!! Little Miss Rosie was a monkey though, we very stupidly left the mince and jam pies I had spent hours slaving over on Christmas Eve, out in the living room whilst we ate lunch and when we returned she had eaten them all!!

After Christmas Ian was off so we did some bits and pieces, went to look at furniture for our extension, I went to the sales and had some rare time together. But then it all went wrong!! Poor Natalie came down with a cold, which soon turned very nasty and she had a chesty cough, congestion etc. She eventually started being sick then wasn't keeping any food or liquid down. On the 30th I called NHS 24 and after 2 hours they called me back to say to take her to the emergency GP at 12.30 in the morning!! So I did that only to be kept waiting nearly 2 hours, then given some anti-biotics then sent home at 2.30am. So on Hogmanay she was no better and we were worried that she wasn't drinking so I decided to bypass NHS 24 and went straight to Children's A&E, which was the best thing I ever did. She was seen straight away and they kept her in to be rehydrated, which was awful as it involved putting a tube down her nasal passage which was just horrendous. I stayed with her and listened to the New Year Fireworks at midnight in my wee camp bed. It was an awful night, neither of us slept, but she started to pick up the next day and they let us go home. Whilst it was so horrible being there, the staff on the ward were amazing and the facilities were amazing. I actually went back today to take in some chocolates to say thank you and the nurses were just SO grateful, it was unbelievable. I think working for the NHS must be a very thankless job.

Anyway Holly then came down with the bug on New Year's day and was very poorly for days too, although was drinking so that was the main thing. It was horrible to see her like that as she is normally such a live wire, but she was just lying on the sofa looking so pale it was heartbreaking. Of course Ian and I got it too, so it was a pretty miserable time in the Stewart House, especially as Ian was moaning SOOO much (and still is) about being ill!!

However, we are now all a lot better, Holly had definitely picked up today so we went to Baby Group and she loved playing with her friend's again after not seeing them for so long. Nat is doing OK now too, although she seems to have forgotten how to sleep since her illness, not that she did much before, just even less now! Oh well as long as she is ok! Here she is playing with the kitchen yesterday back to her smiley self.

So that was our Christmas and New Year!! Sorry this has turned in to a bit of an epic, hope you have managed to read this far!!

Will be back soon,

Hannah XX

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Han - somehow I must have known you were doing the Blog cos I looked at it whilst you were still building it!! Anyway, it is great that you are back in print - I know you have had an awful time since New Year and feel soo releived to see that things are getting back to normal. Hooray!!